Day 4:
If parents knew how many volunteer hours went into the After School Program, they would be amazed. I am amazed and I have seen the behind the scenes for two years now. I need to create a Rachel worthy flow chart to really share who does what. First off, most of the PTA Exec team was brought in on this meeting Lisa and I went to talk about the finance side of it, where the money goes and who handles what. The After School Program has one parent to handle the registrations and another parent to handle the $$ generated from the registrations. The same money handler takes the invoices from the Vendor Coordinator who makes sure that we have the coolest and best classes ever (she really does). The Vendor Coordinator is the smoothest operator I have ever volunteered with (next to Bea, who walks on water at FHES in the volunteer circles). Oh, and there is a chief volunteer who makes sure all wheels are on the ground and going - she has insane to do list management skills! Then there were volunteers that were not even at the meeting (I think 4 others). We hire a high school student to make sure all the kids are in the right places and no one mistakenly went home on the bus.
Sometimes, I sit at these meetings and wonder WHY the volunteers do it. But we do and we rock!
I *heart* PTA Volunteers!
No comments:
Post a Comment